FP20000Q 4-Ch 20000 WATTS TD CLASS Hi-DENSITY POWER AMPLIFIERS with NomadLink Network Monitoring and Dedicated Control for Touring Applications is built on TD technology. It is over 90% power efficient, super fast and super quiet. It is far superior to regular D class amplifiers. It has built in soft and hard limiting. If you have speakers with lower power handling, you can even select the maximum power output, It's compact and precise structure makes it high-performance. Each channel has independent adjustable peak output voltage, which enables the amplifier to drive speakers with different power easily. Intelligent protecting circuit provides advanced technology to protect the internal circuits and connected loads so that the amplifiers and speakers can still be operated in extreme conditions. Further contributing to the remarkable efficiency of the FP 20000Q is a Regulated Switch Mode Power Supply which gives the added benefit of stabilizing rail voltages to the output even with wide fluctuations of mains voltage.
The FP+ rear panel provides all the input and output connections you’ll need plus RJ45 in and out for NomadLink® control and monitoring. With the DIP-switch matrix, you can assign a hard or soft attack to the limiter functions, set overall gain to one of seven different levels, bridge any pair of channels, and set the VPL for optimum output characteristics with the connected load. All in a matter of seconds while the amp is in the rack.
NOTE TO NEWBIES: If You Are Using Amplifiers Outdoors Or In Hot Areas, We Recommend Using A Strong Circular Fan Near The Front Of Your Amp Rack. Amplifiers And Racks Are Black And Heat Up Outside. Amps Cannot Cool Themselves Where There Is No Cool. You Have To Move The Heat Away And Provide Them Shade.
NOTE: Only use NL2 connectors for normal operations. NL4 connectors may be used only for bi-amping or bridging the amp. Plug only into channel A or C. If you are running in these modes, do not plug anything into channel B or D. It will short out the output boards and the amp will go into mute. Output boards are not covered by warranty. If you short one out, they cost $150 to replace.
The FP+ Series incorporates a number of sophisticated technologies - many of them proprietary to ensure the best possible performance and many years of reliable operation. Familiarizing yourself with these technologies will prove invaluable in setting up and optimizing your loudspeaker system.
Voltage Peak Limiter (VPL)
The Voltage Peak Limiter (VPL) feature allows user adjustments that determine maximum voltage output thus matching the amplifier to the connected Speaker load. Regardless of load impedance, the VPL feature can be set to ensure that neither temperature nor current limitations are exceeded before reaching the desire voltage threshold.
Protection and Performance Optimization
Appropriate and reliable power amplification is vital to any audio system. Inadequate or faulty power amplification could cause damage to the loudspeakers, or in some cases to the power amplifiers themselves. To prevent any damage or costly service interruptions, FP+ Series amplifiers offer advanced features to protect both internal circuits and any connected loads. These features even protect the mains fuse that, in extreme cases, could be overloaded. Following are short descriptions of standard built-in FP+ Series protection features:
*FREE Rear Mounting Bracket (Mailed Separate)*
FP20000Q 4 Channels / 20,000 Watts RMS / FP+ TD Class Power Amplifier 1ea
- CPL, (Current Peak Limiter) ensures that the amplifier's output does not exceed the safe current handling parameters of amplifier components.
- PAL, (Power Average Limiter) limits the maximum average power consumption according to the power supply and mains-breaker capabilities.
- VHF, (Very High Frequency) protection circuits mute the output of the amplifier when non-dynamic continuous signals above 10 kHz are detected.
- DC protection ensures destructive DC signals will not appear at the amplifier outputs. If such conditions occur an internal fuse opens and fault indication is displayed.
- Low-impedance (short circuit) protection provides a fault warning indication and shuts down the output stage when, for example, an output signal is present and a malfunctioning cable or driver is short circuiting the output.
- High-Impedance warning reports an alert when, at the same time, output signal is high and no current draw is measured. This situation might occur when no speakers are connected, or when a driver is blown.
- Low inrush current ensures that the mains breaker will not trip when several power amplifiers are turned on simultaneously.
Output Power 10-34kHz
8ΩStereo Power(RMS) 2600 Watts X 4
4ΩStereo Power(RMS) 4200 Watts X 4
2ΩStereo Power(RMS) 5000 Watts X 4
8ΩBridged Power(RMS) 8400 Watts X 2
4ΩBridged Power(RMS) 10,000 Watts X 2
Frequency Response(+o/-0.2dB,1W/8Ω) 10 Hz - 34 kHz THD 10 Hz - 20 kHz for 1 W <0.01%
Signal-to-Noise Ratio >112 dBA
Channel separation (Crosstalk) at 1 kHz >70 dB Input Connectors (per channel) 3-pin XLR, electronically balanced
Output Connectors (per channel) speakon
Damping factor >1000
Tour Class Protection ACL,IGM, AutoRamp, short circuit, DC voltage, turn-on/off transient, current inrush, sub/ultrasonic input
Operating voltage, 220 V Voltage
Gain(dB) 23, 26, 29, 32, 35, 38, 41, 44 dB selectable
Input impedance 20 kOhm Level adjustment (per ch.)
Front-panel potentiometer, 31 position detented from -inf to 0 dB
Dimensions (W×H×D) 483×88×396mm
Net weight(kg) 15